Hurricane Ida Update 4 - RecoveryAugust 31, 2021 Uncategorized
Dear FBCG Church Family,
We are praising the Lord for His mercy and grace today as Ida has passed. Those to our east are even more significantly impacted than we have been, so let’s continue to pray for needs to be met.
We need to make you aware of a couple of items as we continue in recovery efforts:
- There will be no ministries this Wednesday Evening (9/1), and no Connect Groups this Sunday (9/5). FBC is hosting work crews from SBC SEND Relief in various parts of the building. These crews are providing meals for evacuees and shelters.
- We are trying to coordinate those who can help with tree cutting and removal, tarps, and cleanup with church members in need. The vast majority of cleanup involves trees-on-ground. If you are able to help those who would be ill-equipped to clean up, please contact Pastor Jarrod.
- The Bergeron home in LaPlace has flooded. Help is needed to cut out sheetrock, etc., beginning today (Tuesday). Unfortunately, there is no cellular coverage in LaPlace, no power, no water, and no food. Those who can help are urged to be sure to have food, water, and fuel for the day. You may not be able to reach the Bergeron’s by phone. For more info, contact Pastor Jarrod.
- We are aware of 2 generators available for those who might be in need of them. Please reach out if you would like to get one.
- If you have damage to your home or property, and would like to be added to our growing list of needs, please let us know.
Please continue to pray and check on others as it is safe to do so. We are grateful for the many FBC families who have already been working to help other church members, neighbors, and friends. Please keep your FBC staff updated if you have any needs.