September 3, 2021 | by: 0 Comments|
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”
Dear FBCG Church Family,
It is time for the people of faith to shine by abounding in hope. By the grace of God, we have been able to do just that in these difficult days. Keep up the good work and know that God is glorified in your attitude and actions!
- The main building’s power has been completely restored. Air Conditioning is now running and our volunteer workers will have a cool place to rest and sleep.
- Eatel has informed us that significant damages to equipment, including downed utility poles, prohibit the restoration of our service. Phones and internet at FBC will be down until further notice. We are working on alternatives to be able to stream the services.
- The roof of the main sanctuary is scheduled to be tarped, but no significant water damage has been discovered.
- We WILL meet for worship Sunday morning. There will NOT be any Connect Group meetings.
- Kitchen crews from Texas SBC SEND RELIEF are still lodged in the back portion of the building: Fellowship Hall, Chapel, and Youth areas. Please be respectful of their privacy if you do come to the building.
- For those wishing to donate to the recovery effort, please point them to FBCG.net/give , where there is an option for Hurricane Relief. While there is a small fee associated with online giving, they can opt-out of paying the fee themselves. Funds can also be sent by texting FBCG 22525. Cash or checks are the best way to give with no associated fee.
Pastor Jim will lead a convoy to LaPlace on Saturday morning. Work will. Consist of sheetrock/insulation removal and general cleanup of flooded homes. Please note:
- Meet at church at 7:30, planning to leave at 7:45 sharp.
- Bring your own water, and food if needed.
- If you are able to bring ice that could be helpful.
- Mask for possible removing sheetrock.
- Claw hammer and pry bar if you have them, but don't purchase.
- Whatever you need to work in the heat.
- Pastor Jim committed for 8:30-12:30, if you want to stay longer you can.
- If you are able to drive your vehicle let me know. I can take 1 additional passenger.
- Please text or call Anne Bergeron 504 487 7980 to add yourself to our count of the workers.
- Today’s update of needs within the FBC family. I am still aware of trees needing to be cut - see below. Feel free to contact me directly for more information about helping with any of these needs. I have removed jobs that already have workers/plans assigned to them.
|Thompson||Tarps||16314 Newman Nickens Rd Prairieville|
|Bergeron||Flood / Demo||504 Chatsworth Dr. LaPlace|
|Dean||Tree Removal||17200 Trinidad Dr. Prairieville|
|Edmonston, Dempsey||Yard Cleanup||44335 Erwin Villar Rd Prairieville|
|Landry||Window unit A/C||6079 Tezcuco Court Gonzales|
|Myers||Tree on Shed||45086 Riverside Estates St. Amant|
|Sledge||Tree Removal||41457 Bayou Narcisse Gonzales|
|Sledge||Yard Cleanup||41457 Bayou Narcisse Gonzales|
If you have updated info on any items or to be added to the list, please contact me. God bless you as we work together toward a full recovery from the storm.
Comments for this post have been disabled.